How and When to Take Whey Protein?
Whey Protein is beneficial for those who follow a fitness regime regularly. To build strong muscle how would you know the best Whey Protein and how to consume them at what time. Find out in this article.
If you hit the gym regularly, you would know the significance of Whey Protein, or might have been advised by many to add Whey protein in your diet to enhance your muscle strength and workout stamina. But very few would know about the amalgamation of proteins and how it works in your favour. Let’s find out some interesting facts about Whey Protein, and the best time to take it for beneficial purposes.
What is Whey Protein?
Whey is basically the protein extracted from the cheese making process. It is the liquid form left out of curdled milk. When processed further into powder form, Whey Protein powder is formed that is quite a popular nutrition supplement across the world. Most of the bodybuilders and those related to the fitness industry use these protein supplements to fuse muscle power and stamina. Due to the quick absorption ability with the help of digestive enzymes, makes Whey Protein helpful in muscle recovery after workout. Whey Protein can be categorized in four types, and all of them have sufficient amount of BCAAs i.e. Branched Chain Amino Acids.
What are its types?
The basic division of Whey Protein types can be done as:
1. Concentrate – Whey Protein Concentrate is a form of protein that contains less fat in relation to other proteins. Rather contains high levels of carbohydrates extracted from lactose, which is a type of sugar in dairy products and bioactive substances. This Whey Protein Concentrate is of around 30 – 90% weight. You will find the quantity of protein mentioned on the labels of the best Whey Protein Concentrate supplements offered by different nutrition brands.
2. Isolate – Whey Protein Isolate is a pure form of protein that doesn’t contain any fat and lactose that is found in Concentrate. The Isolate protein content weighs at least 90% in the supplements.
3. Hydrolysate – This type of protein is a bit hydrolyzed during the process of extraction, which means water is added to dilute it in a way that it becomes easier to digest. But in comparison to Isolate or Concentrate, it is a lot costlier.
4. Native – Native protein type is the purest form of all proteins as it is extracted directly from skimmed milk. Instead of a by-product from any dairy product it is a wholesome source of protein. Contains very less fat and lactose. The usual weight of this protein is 95% or much higher.
How much should you take?
Based on which nutrition brand you are using; the quantity of the serving differs. But mostly 30g of protein supplement should be consumed by an average adult. According to the research, this is the recommended amount of protein that is required to repair any muscle damage. By serving a sufficient amount of protein, you initiate muscle protein synthesis that helps in repairing the injured and boosts the production of new muscle tissues. Also, the best Whey Protein supplements can reduce your body fats and makes you not only strong but helps in building lean physique.
When to consume it?
Most health experts and bodybuilders claim that serving protein supplement after workout would be most appropriate. At that point, your muscles are in the need of repair that can be fulfilled by consuming Whey Protein in the right quantity. You can have your protein shake with cold water or milk within the window of 30 minutes to initiate the recovery process and protect any sort of muscle damage. After a few minutes, the amino acids start to flow in the bloodstream and start generating new muscle tissues to support muscle building.
Benefits of Whey Protein:
1. Improves your metabolism and removes all the extra fat stored in your body.
2. Gradual consumption strengthens muscle tissues and enhances the recovery process that ensures overall muscle growth.
3. As per studies, with age the ability to recover muscles reduces. To help this deterioration, Whey Protein is evenly absorbed and starts to function well in time.
4. Most fitness enthusiasts consider Whey Protein to be the best in reducing soreness instantly. Though there are slow absorbing proteins as well, Whey Protein offers quick support which is required at that time.
5. Also controls blood pressure, blood sugar and reduces stress level or any other symptoms of depression.
Conclusion: Next time you are looking for a perfect Whey Protein supplement for you, consider the above factors and tips while choosing the best formula. Better packaging should not be a reason to choose one over the other. Rather, the quality of ingredients it offers is all that matters while choosing the right nutrition partner. And more importantly, you should know the right time to consume a protein shake. Hopefully, the above tips will help you in deciding what suits your best in terms of quality assurance and results.